Metabolic syndrome solution on the rise in men!
Affecting almost 35% of adults in the United States, metabolic syndrome is one of the fastest growing health issues. Metabolic syndrome is a grouping of five risk factors:
- Large waist size (>40 inches for men)
- High blood pressure
- High triglycerides
- Low HDL (“good”) cholesterol
- High blood sugar
Anyone with three or more of these risk factors is at risk for metabolic syndrome. This combination makes people twice as likely to develop heart disease and five times as likely to develop diabetes, compared with people who do not have metabolic syndrome. Erectile dysfunction quickly develops in those who have high blood pressure and poor sugar control.
Improving these measures now can help to prevent serious — and costly — health conditions. In many cases, lifestyle changes can help, such as increased exercise and improved diet.
To help combat metabolic syndrome, The The Y Factor professionals has developed an approach focusing on:
- Identification of risks by measuring cholesterols, vitals signs, body mass index, and markers of glucose control.
- Identifying low testosterone which is very common in individuals with metabolic syndrome.
- Correcting low testosterone to enhance cardiovascular capability and treatment of excessive estrogen production common in obese individuals.
- If upon correcting these measures there is residual sexual dysfunction then the professionals at the The Y Factor have many treatment for sexual dysfunction.
The Y Factor focus is not simply treating the symptoms but correcting the underlying problem causing poor health.
“Not all doctors agree on the definition or cause of metabolic syndrome. The cause might be insulin resistance. Insulin is a hormone your body produces to help you turn sugar from food into energy for your body. If you are insulin resistant, too much sugar builds up in your blood, setting the stage for disease.”
NIH: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases