The Common Desire and Hesitation of Vasectomies
Vasectomies are one of the safest, most effective means of birth control. For this reason, vasectomies are a great option for couples who don’t want to have children, or don’t want to have anymore children. It’s very common for men to come to our office interested in having a vasectomy, but the idea of having needles and scalpels in such a sensitive area puts many men off. Luckily, we have a better solution!
Patients are able to return to work 24-36 hours after the procedure with the following restrictions:
- No lifting over 30 pounds for 2-3 days.
- No sexual activity for 7 days.
- No strenuous activity for 3-7 days.
- No aspirin or fish oil products for 48 hours. Tylenol is allowed.
- Postpone showering until the next morning after the procedure.
- No hot tub for 24 hours, however swimming is allowed one week after the procedure.